We are thrilled to share the exciting news that Kaleidoscope Innovation has achieved a Gold EcoVadis rating for 2023. This marks a major milestone in our journey to being a leader in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) excellence.
EcoVadis, a globally recognized platform, evaluates companies based on their policies, training initiatives, and reporting mechanisms related to ESG practices. This comprehensive assessment provides a holistic view of our organization's sustainability performance, positioning us as a standout in our commitment to environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and corporate governance.
Our latest EcoVadis assessment resulted in a remarkable increase of 15 points, propelling us to the 97th percentile among companies of similar size. This accomplishment not only highlights our dedication to sustainability but also underscores our team’s ability to outperform industry benchmarks.
This achievement is a testament to the collective efforts of every member of the Kaleidoscope Innovation family, and it reflects our shared values and determination to make a positive impact on the world. Our success in this area wouldn't be possible without the dedication and hard work of each team member who has contributed to our sustainability initiatives.
"We are grateful to every one of our dedicated team members for their contributions to this achievement," said Pam Ridgley, Associate Director of Business Planning. "Together, we are shaping a brighter and more sustainable future for Kaleidoscope Innovation and the communities we serve."
Here is just a sample of how we achieved our goals in each of the three ESG categories.
- We created a Design for Environment (DfE) Guide to help our team members ensure we use sustainable practices not just in our everyday work environment but also in the products we design and develop.
- We reduced facility energy consumption by nearly 18% by resealing windows and creating an energy conservation culture
- Our action team tested and implemented recommendations for sustainable 3D printing as they related to energy consumption, filament usage, and more eco-friendly materials
- Our K-Cup recycling program diverted over 13,000 pods from the landfill and converted 479 lbsof material to compost and 160 lbs of material to recycled products.
- Community outreach including May We Help, Adopt-a-Class, IDSA Cincinnati, Ronald McDonald House, Habitat for Humanity, and more.
- Expanded employee engagement & wellness teams and programs including the Employee Engagement Group, DEI Committee, Sustainability Committee, Employee Lunch & Learns, Women in Product Development Monthly Lunch, and more.
- Added numerous policies regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion, particularly with a focus on labor and human rights to our employee handbook
- Created our own Institutional Review Board to ensure the ethical and safe development of healthcare products.
Our journey doesn't end here. This accomplishment serves as a stepping-stone toward even higher standards that continuously improve our ESG practices. The world is evolving, and so are the expectations placed upon businesses to operate sustainably. Kaleidoscope will remain agile and proactive in our approach to ensure we remain at the forefront of responsible corporate citizenship.
“We are incredibly proud of our EcoVadis achievement,” said Kaleidoscope CEO Ben Ko. “And we’re not stopping there. Our DfE program sets a new standard for ensuring that all products Kaleidoscope creates are more sustainable than they have been in the past, thereby amplifying the impact we can have on the world through good design principles.”Back to Insights + News