1. For US Candidates (except California)
Kaleidoscope Animations, Inc. and Kaleidoscope Prototyping, LLC and their parent company, subsidiaries, associates and affiliated companies (collectively referred to as “Kaleidoscope”, “us”, “we”, “our”) are committed to process of personal data as per the laws of your jurisdiction. We hereby notify you the following information about your personal data processing.
What Personal Data Elements are Collected
- Mandatory:First name, last name, email ID, primary phone, work authorization status, desired annual salary, source of job opportunity, Job position applied for, resume and full name of employee who has referred the candidate, Cookies, details pertaining to background check.
- Optional data elements: Highest level of education completed, years of experience (related to the role), Portfolio URL, requirement of visa sponsorship (Yes/No), LinkedIn profile and cover letter.
How We Collect Personal Data Elements
You will choose what types of Personal Data, if any, to submit. Providing this information to us is voluntary. Most of the data that we collect as part of the application process is collected directly from your online application, submitted on our talent management system, Jobvite and certain elements maybe collected using cookies. As part of the background check process, we may also collect information about the applicant from third parties with your authorization, including the agency retained by us to conduct background checks and references that you provide.
Why We Collect Personal Data
We use the information for the following purposes:
- To assist in the recruitment, selection and other associated processes. To review the applicant’s qualifications for other career opportunities and communicate with the applicant regarding those career opportunities and for internal management on status updates between authorized users
- To carry out various employer related activities if you are selected to join the organization
- To perform background verification by our authorized vendor
- To enable us to ensure that we are compliant with any applicable labor and/or other relevant laws
Access and Disclosure of Personal Data
The Personal Data is accessible to our certain authorized employees who have a need to know this information in order to carry out their responsibilities. This includes Human Resources employees, Recruitment Employees, Diversity & Inclusion team, Compensation and Benefits and employees participating in the hiring process. The Personal Data will also be disclosed to governmental entities in compliance with applicable law, such as those agencies authorized to review and enforce equal opportunity laws. Your personal details will also be shared with our Clients (where applicable as per contractual obligation), third party vendors authorized by us, to initiate a background verification process for shortlisting of suitable candidates, etc.
Your Rights (as per applicable DP Laws)
You are entitled to exercise you rights as per applicable DP Laws by you sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data listed above may be transferred to our office located in US and to our authorized service providers’ cloud servers located in US. We shall take the necessary steps to ensure confidentiality and security of the transferred data.
We adopt reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Data.
Personal Data will not be retained for a period more than necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required by law or for directly related legitimate business purposes.
You acknowledge that any personal information that you shared about your referrer or other data subjects is shared by you only after seeking consent from the person to whom the personal data belongs.
If you want to opt out and do not want us to contact you in future, please send an email to [recruitment provide the email id]. Emails sent to any other email address may not be considered for honoring opt-out request.
2. For California Candidates
This Privacy Notice for California Residents applies to job applicants who reside in the State of California (“you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice. If any provision below conflicts with a legal requirement, then we will comply with the applicable law.
Personal data elements collected/processed
We may collect and use the following categories of Personal Information about you to manage your employment:
Category of Personal Information
How we use it
Contact information: such as your name,
We will use this information to identify and
Job-related information and qualifications: such as position applied for, previous job roles, work location, education, qualifications, certificates, licenses, salary information, work related skills, work experience and any other information you choose to provide in your resume.
We will use this information to support the job application process, including to evaluate and assess your experience and qualifications, to conduct talent management activities, to communicate with you about your application or the job alerts that you request and to complete the on-boarding process if we offer you a position that matches your interests.
National identification information such as Passport details, and any visa or other right to work.
We will use this information to determine your eligibility to work and fulfill our obligations to relevant government authorities only if you are selected
Details pertaining to Background Checks
We will use this to determine your suitability for certain job roles (to the extent permitted or required by law)
Additional Purposes for Using Personal Information
In addition to the uses set forth above, we may use and share the categories of Personal Information identified:
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requests and obligations (including investigations)
- To establish or defend legal claims and allegations
- For internal management on status updates between authorized users
- For security or the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud, suspected or actual illegal activity, violations of company policy or rules, or other misconduct.
- To seek advice from lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers in even any legal claims and allegations.
We do not sell any Personal Information to any third party and the platform provider is also committed to the same principle.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose related to your recruitment purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, or to request this notice in another format, the ways in which we collect and use your information, you may write to email@example.com
Effective Date: [06-Aug-2021]