Kaleidoscope has partnered with the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA) and in collaboration with the Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) to launch the new Dayton-based venture called Ascend. This unique venture combines human-centered design know-how, state of the art technology and a dedication to identifying healthcare needs to develop commercially viable solutions in human health innovation. Ascend is a multi-disciplined product design and development team of clinicians, researchers, industrial designers, engineers and business analysts dedicated to improving lives.
Ascend is designed to:
- Advance human health innovation
- Drive commercially viable solutions
- Leverage Dayton’s unique healthcare and national defense leadership
- Create a collaborative ecosystem to drive solutions
- Employ purpose-driven design and development best practices
- Discover potential applications for national defense technology
- Create new businesses and employment opportunities
- Attract talent
- Improve the health and well-being of people
- Differentiate the region
Our design, development, and innovation work spans:
- Product Design and Development
- Medical Design and Development
- National Defense Technology Partnership
- Handheld Surgical Devices
- Combination Drug Delivery Devices
- Surgical Procedure Development
- Point of Care Diagnostic Devices
- Patient Monitoring
- Mobile Health Screening Applications
- Intellectual Property (IP) Development
Advancing human health
Ascend employs purpose driven design principles to identify challenges within our healthcare partners and to explore independent insights and the potential of AFRL technology to develop commercially viable products.
Leveraging Dayton’s unique assets
Only in Dayton is this unique one-of-a-kind collaboration possible between a top healthcare system, a national defense laboratory and a nationally recognized development firm with Midwestern roots.
Creating a collaborative ecosystem
Dedicated to developing a diverse and balanced portfolio of human health solutions, Ascend will forge and leverage a dynamic ecosystem of partner organizations.
Improving health by design
Drawing on the Kaleidoscope partnership for knowledge of regulations,design and development best practices, the team works to quickly identify the most commercially viable solutions and relationships to speed them to market.
How Ascend can help our client partners and the ecosystem
Ascend fulfills different needs for different partners. Watch the Ascend Innovations video to learn how. Ascend anticipates leveraging the skills, talents and vision of those involved in this partnership to deliver commercially viable human health innovations. We look for opportunities to synergize our client partners’ abilities with the needs of the teams that bring ideas to Ascend.
For partners of the Kaleidoscope consultancy, our relationship with Ascend and the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA) presents an opportunity to:
- Partner to help evaluate and help commercialize health solutions from Ascend
- Gain deeper understanding of the patient journey and hospital ecosystem
- Consult with care providers as part of specific and pre-approved research projects
- Create connections with experts to provide product and service feedback as part of specific research projects
Ascend provides a collaborative ecosystem to bring commercially viable human health solutions to market.
Learn more about Ascend at www.ascend-innovations.com
FEATURED HEALTHCARE AND MEDICAL STAFF